1. The launch of Disney Wish has been delayed by six weeks due to pandemic-related shipyard delays in Germany. Instead of setting sail for its maiden cruise on June 9, the ship is now set to begin passenger sailings on July 14, 2022.
2. Carnival Cruise Line announced Thursday evening that two of its ships — Carnival feeling and Ecstasy — will leave the fleet this year. As a result, the line has adjusted route plans in Jacksonville and Mobile.
3. A cruise ship found itself in the danger zone for the scheduled launch of SpaceX’s Falcon 9 rocket on Sunday evening. Because of this, the launch was erased just 33 seconds before liftoff. He ended up launching successfully on Monday night instead.
4. Norwegian Cruise Line has extended the date that passengers can use their future cruise credits, for credits that were due to expire at the end of January. They can now be reserved and used until December 31, 2022.
5. After its closure in 2020, the former liner turned hotel queen mary is about to receive “critical repairs” from the City of Long Beach and is expected to reopen later this year.
Feature Article: 6 Unique Ways to Stay Active on a Cruise Ship
Virtually every cruise ship has a standard fitness center with the usual workout machines, but sometimes you need to shake things up. In this article, we look at six ways to exercise on a cruise ship that are a little out of the ordinary — and definitely a lot more fun.
This Week’s Podcast: Freedom of the Seas Review
On this week’s episode of Cruise Radio, we chat with Mike about his recent sailing on the Royal Caribbean Freedom of the seas. The trip was a four night trip that went from PortMiami to Nassau and Perfect Day to CocoCay. Plus, editor Richard Simms joined us to talk about the latest cruise news and answer a listener’s question.
Featured Video: Today’s Cruise News
This week’s YouTube video is the Cruise News Brief for Sunday, January 30. Doug reviews a Crystal ship that was denied entry to Aruba, queen mary have another chance with $5 million in repairs planned this year, and Carnival Mardi Gras come to the aid of a disabled boat off the coast of Mexico.