America’s Automotive Trust is proud to announce that not only our Back to home back in full force for 2022, but this time we’re teaming up with Ford Motor Company as part of the stampede an event.
Since 2015, The Drive Home has been an annual cross-country road trip featuring vintage cars with points of interest on the way to the Detroit Auto Show. Each tour is designed to highlight the importance of automotive heritage in the United States and its relationship to today’s automotive culture.
This particular year is quite special in that it will be an all-Mustang race, representing six generations of Mustangs in the history of Ford Motor Company. Even more exciting, The Drive Home will be in Detroit for the stampedewhich is the world premiere of the brand new, Seventh generation Ford Mustang which takes place at the Detroit Auto Show on September 14 at 8 p.m. EDT at Hart Plaza.
We have many exciting points of interest along The Drive Home in nine states to get there, and some of the stops are open to the public. The highlight will be September 14 with a parade from Ford World Headquarters to the Stampede.
Mustang owners If you would like to join The Drive Home or attend the first Stampede event at Hart Plaza, you can find more details and register here: www.mustangstampededetroit.com.
Consider joining us for a leg of the journey or plan to meet us at one of our public events if we’re passing through an area near you!
Please note that not all stops listed on the planned itinerary include public events, as some are rest stops for The Drive Home team, or they are private events. As plans for each stop develop, if determined open to the public, we will hyperlink to that event for more details. Check back soon and often as we will be updating this itinerary regularly!
- September 6 | The Drive Home to The Stampede Cruise-In at ACM, 4-7 p.m., LeMay – America’s Car Museum, Tacoma, WA
- September 8 | Salt Lake City Pony Express Memorial
- September 10 | Fort Kearny State Historic Park – Pony Express Buildings, Kearney, NE
- September 11th | National Pony Express Museum, St. Joseph, MO
- September 11th | Kansas City Auto Museum Cruise, Kansas City, MO
- September 12 | Cars and coffee at The Roasterie Coffee Company, Kansas City, MO
- September 13 | Bloomington, IL
- September 13 | Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum, Auburn, IN
- September 14 | the stampedeMustang Parade from Ford World Headquarters to Hart Plaza, 5-10 p.m. EDT, Detroit, MI
- September 15 | Gilmore Automotive Museum, Hickory Corners, MI
- September 15 | Motown Muscle Cars, Hamburg, Michigan
- September 16 | Ford Model A Day, Gilmore Car Museum, Hickory Corners, MI
- September 16 | Detroit, Michigan
- September 17 | Public opening of the North American International Detroit Auto Show
- September 17 | Detroit Concours D’Elegance Cars & Community, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Detroit, MI
- September 17 | The Drive Home Take-a-Spin Driving Experience, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Detroit, MI
- September 18-25 | Drive Home cars on display at the North American International Detroit Auto Show
JOIN THE MOVEMENT – COME DRIVE WITH US!
Interested in driving with The Drive Home team for a leg of the trip? Car clubs and enthusiasts are invited to join in with their own vintage vehicles, and this year Ford Mustangs are especially encouraged! Register here or email [email protected] for more details. If driving the route isn’t an option, meet The Drive Home crew at any of the stops along the route.
American Automotive Trust was founded with the goal of preserving our automotive heritage for future generations. We bring together like-minded organizations that honor the past, celebrate the present and drive the future of automotive culture to have greater impact. Founding LeMay Member Organizations – America’s Car Museum, RPM Foundation, America On Wheels Museum and our leading Club Auto and Concours Club membership programs, along with our affiliate partners, work together to foster a strong community where any enthusiast can thrive. – from the classroom, to the quarries, to the open road. America’s Automotive Trust is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.